Berkeley Everett is a 1st Grade Math Specialist in Brooklyn, NY and a K-2 Math Consultant. He develops new digital math tools, curriculum, and teacher training materials.
Math Visuals was created as a resource for fellow math educators. The animations seek to:
- uncover patterns that are foundational to Elementary Math
- give multiple access points to engage everyone in discussion
- inspire educators and students to invent their own visualizations of math concepts
PDF with Template Links: Download Here
New ideas? Questions?
Some of My Many Inspirations:
- Dragonbox Apps: Interactive and playful number sense learning. Website
- Kyle Pearce: Wizard of Keynote animations. Twitter Website
- Annie Fetter: The “Notice/Wonder” guru. Video about Notice/Wonder Twitter
- Graham Fletcher: Visualizer of elementary math content and “upside down” hundreds chart visionary. Twitter Post about 100s chart Website
- Brian Bushart: Master of twitter collaboration. Website Same/Different
- Jo Boaler: Leader of the Mathematical Mindset revolution. Website Twitter
The visuals on this site are inspired by manipulatives, visuals, and ideas created by other people, and I am grateful for the collaboration of people who interact with me on Twitter and over email.